Our growing Early Childhood Program is currently seeking part-time teachers for our Early Childhood Program. Candidates should be patient, caring, and compassionate.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Plan and teach lessons that are age-appropriate, Christ-centered, faith-integrated and conform to the adopted curricula.
2. Prepare written long-term learning goals for the entire year and short-term (weekly) lesson plans.
3. Tracks student progress using established progress report.
4. Provides progress reports to parents every quarter.
5. Provide weekly newsletter to parents.
6. Use effective classroom management techniques.
7. Regularly communicate with parents regarding each student’s progress.
8. Establish rules for classroom management and discipline. Use Christian disciplinary methods, using Gospel and Law appropriately.
9. Promote an active system of parent-teacher communication. This includes written and oral reports and through parent-teacher conferences.
10. Set annual personal goals for growth and development of professional skills related to teaching the students of Hope Lutheran Church and School.
11. Participate in all school activities as requested by the Principal, Pastor, or Day School Committee.
12. Take an active leadership role in certain extra-curricular activities as assigned by the Principal.
13. Other areas of responsibilities may be required as needed and will be communicated from the Principal.
There are various shifts available and a generous tuition discount is offered for your children to attend either our elementary school or the early childhood program.
If interested please send your resume to David Roth, firstname.lastname@example.org