At Hope Lutheran School, we are happy to provide families with a Full-Day Kindergarten program. Besides a rich and rewarding core curriculum, our students also have weekly classes in library, music, art, physical education, religion, and technology.
Our Full-Day Kindergarten program is led by Mrs. Theresa Bush, who brings years of teaching experience to our Kindergarten classroom. Her students love her and parents are amazed at how much their children grow and progress during the Kindergarten year.
Enrollment Is Open!
Apply today, space is limited.
Monday – Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 4:05 p.m.
The Required Track includes the complete curriculum detailed below.
Full Day Kindergarten Curriculum
- Bible stories showing God’s love for us
- Daily prayer
- Learning about sin and why Jesus died for us all
- Worshiping together during Chapel
- Learning weekly Bible memory verses
- Sorting and classifying
- Matching and counting
- Numbers 0 – 20
- Letter recognition
- Letter sounds
- Blending sounds to make words
- Writing in journals
- Use capital and lower case manuscript letters correctly
- Proper posture, pencil grip, and paper positioning to enhance writing skills
- Spacing between letters introduced
- Land, air, and water
- Objects around us
- Investigating water
- Introduction to musical elements whereby students will learn to identify loud and soft
- Recognize and use steady beat
- Recognize and use long and short
- Recognize high and low pitches
- Identify fast or slow
- Recognize speaking and singing voices
- Practice correct posture for singing
- Introduction to hand bells
- Develop basic locomoter skills and movement in the areas of walking, running, hopping, skipping, jumping, leaping, galloping, and sliding
- Begin to develop ball handling skills of throwing, catching, bouncing, and kicking
- Introduce apparatus, stunts, and tumbling using floor mats and balance beams
- Introduce simple game activities that include running, tag, circle games, and simple ball games