Hope Lutheran School utilizes the multi-age approach in our classrooms. This approach allows students to progress at their own individual pace rather than focusing on a particular grade level. Grades 2 and 3 make up the White Team.
Enrollment Is Open!
Apply today, space is limited.
White Team Details
Monday - Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 4:05 p.m.
Our Extended Elementary Program offers your student options for an extended academic track unique to Hope Lutheran School.
Your child will benefit from more focused instruction time as less time is spent in transition from subject to subject. Our teachers will have more opportunities to introduce new teaching methods into the classrooms.
As always, our focus is on creating a rigorous academic program taught in a caring, Christian environment.
White Team Curriculum
- Understand that Jesus Christ died to take away our sins
- Learn Biblical principles through daily Bible stories and relate these Christian concepts to their own lives
- Know that everything we have is a gift from God
- Express thankfulness
- Give praise and adoration to Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- Learn weekly memory verse
- Sorting and classifying
- Basic addition and subtraction using manipulatives
- Basic math facts to 18
- Beginning geometry
- Place value and number patterns to 100
- Money and time concepts with the calendar and clock
- Measurement using inches and centimeters
- Fractions and graphs
- Sound-to-letter relationships
- Blending sounds into words
- Oral reading of good quality literature
- Accelerated Reader program
- Read independently
- Objects around us
- Investigating water
- Plants and animals
- Earth and rocks
- Letter formation, placement, and word spacing
- Correct posture
- Self-evaluation to build independent, neat writers
- Journal writing
- Identify loud and soft sounds
- Describe and create fast and slow sounds
- Imitate and practice steady beat
- Hear and sing music
- Participate in the spring Operetta
- Introduction to Hand Chimes
- Refine basic locomotor skills and movement
- Running, tag, and circle games
- Simple ball games
- Simple relays
- Working together and team work
- Introduction to computers
- Mouse usage
- Introduction to keyboarding
- Experimentation with colors
- Express individuality through the use of different mediums
- Learn about famous artists